- After starting Dia, you will get the following windows:
- The first time click on File/Preferences. You can fill in personal choices.
- It's recommended to set to default on Grid Lines the Visible and the Snap to options to make drawing easier. Finally click on Apply.
To change Snap to option during diagram editing use the following icon:
- To populate your diagram click on File/New.
- Use the main window to create an object or line. It consist of the following sections:
Using a combination of these tools you can make any shape you desire.
- Dia depends heavily on a menu on the right mouse button inside the diagram. That menu contains all the diagram-specific actions and a few other things, so you almost never have to find the menu on the toolbox.